When you’ve been financially suffering from COVID-19, you can be eligible for:
Unemployment insurance coverage
You’ll be eligible for unemployment insurance coverage advantages if:
- You misplaced your activity
- Your hours have been lowered
- Your online business used to be suffering from COVID-19
Maximum federal unemployment advantages led to September 2021. This contains:
- Pandemic unemployment help
- Pandemic further repayment
- Pandemic emergency unemployment repayment
- Combined earner unemployment repayment
- Federal-state prolonged length
Paid ill depart and different advantages
If you can not paintings since you (or a circle of relatives member you’re caring for) are ill or quarantined because of COVID-19, you’ll be able to:
You may additionally be capable of use paid ill depart:
- To move on your vaccine appointment
- When you enjoy vaccine-related unintended effects
If you should now not paintings between January 1 and September 30, 2021, you could possibly declare supplemental paid ill depart. This contains should you:
- May now not paintings since you (or a circle of relatives member you took care of) have been ill or quarantined because of COVID-19
- Took day without work from paintings associated with getting a vaccine
Use the eligibility navigator to test should you qualify.
If you can not paintings because of, or are getting better from, COVID-19 sickness, you can be eligible for:
To find details about all of those advantages on this chart.
Test the FAQs about those subjects:
- Task-protected unpaid depart (web page 5)
- Affordable lodging for a incapacity because of COVID-19 (pages 5-7)
Resort rooms for healthcare employees
On June 15, 2021, the Resort rooms for California healthcare employees program used to be discontinued for all amenities excluding the ones situated in Riverside, Imperial, and San Diego counties.
Assist for agricultural employees
California provides in-home quarantine enhance in collaborating counties for employees who wish to self-isolate for as much as 14 days. Resort rooms also are presented in some spaces. Consult with Assist for agricultural employees for more info.
Golden State Stimulus bills
Relying for your source of revenue, chances are you’ll qualify for Golden State Stimulus (GSS) bills. Households with youngsters might obtain an higher cost.
Your 2020 California source of revenue tax go back determines should you’re eligible to obtain GSS I or GSS II bills.
Usually, you will have to have filed your 2020 California source of revenue tax go back by way of October 15, 2021 to be eligible.
Undocumented employees with an Person Taxpayer Id Quantity (ITIN) is also eligible. When you’re ready to obtain an ITIN to report your taxes, you will have to:
- Have carried out for an ITIN by way of October 15, 2021, and
- Report your taxes by way of February 15, 2022
GSS I is a one-time cost of both $600 or $1,200. It’s possible you’ll qualify for a GSS I cost should you:
- Won the California Earned Source of revenue Tax Credit score (CalEITC), or
- Have a California adjusted gross source of revenue of $75,000 or much less for the 2020 tax 12 months and used an ITIN to report your taxes
GSS II is a one-time cost of both $500, $600, $1,000, or $1,100. It’s possible you’ll qualify for a GSS II cost if in case you have:
- A California adjusted gross source of revenue of $1 to $75,000 for the 2020 tax 12 months, and
- Wages of $0 to $75,000 for the 2020 tax 12 months
Be told extra about who qualifies for the GSS.
The way to get GSS bills
When you’ve already filed your 2020 tax go back, you would not have to do anything. When you qualify, you’ll obtain your bills by way of direct deposit or a take a look at within the mail.
To find meals choices to be had to everybody, whether or not you might be operating or now not.
Extra choices are to be had for:
Housing, hire, and utilities
When you’re experiencing homelessness, discover a touch to your space for assist.
Renters suffering because of COVID-19 can get assist paying their hire and software expenses. Find out about eviction coverage for renters.
When you personal a house and are at the back of for your loan bills because of COVID-19, learn how to request loan forbearance.
Healthcare and medical health insurance
Neighborhood well being clinics
Neighborhood well being facilities and clinics be offering unfastened or cheap clinical products and services. Discover a well being heart to your space.
Medical health insurance
Get unfastened or cheap medical health insurance via Coated California.
When you gained unemployment insurance coverage, you could possibly get medical health insurance for as little as $1 monthly.
All plans quilt remedy and vaccines for COVID-19.
The way to observe
Coated California and Medi-Cal use the similar software. You’ll be able to put up one software to determine which methods you qualify for.
Practice for Coated California
Without cost and confidential assist, name 800-300-1506 (M-F, 8 am to six pm).
Advantages for households with youngsters
CalWORKs money support
Households with youngsters is also eligible for money support throughout the CalWORKs program. Households that qualify get per month money support to assist pay for housing, meals, clothes, and extra.
Households that experience little money available might qualify. It additionally is dependent upon different elements like:
- Source of revenue
Households that experience very little money can obtain as much as $200 instantly if they’ve a circle of relatives emergency like:
- No meals, very important clothes, or position to stick
- Pressing clinical wishes
Practice at BenefitsCal or touch the social products and services company to your county.
Federal Kid Tax Credit score
When you’ve got youngsters, you can be eligible for the federal Kid Tax Credit score (CTC), although you are making very little cash.
The CTC quantity chances are you’ll qualify for is dependent upon:
- Your source of revenue
- Your tax submitting standing
- The selection of youngsters you declare
Be told the fundamentals concerning the federal CTC.
The way to get the CTC
When you qualify, you’re going to obtain the CTC should you’ve completed any of those:
- Filed a 2019 or a 2020 tax go back
- Gave the IRS your data the use of a non-filer portal
- Gave the IRS your data to obtain the Financial Affect Fee
Report a simplified tax go back by way of November 15, 2021, should you:
- Have now not given the IRS your data
- Typically don’t wish to report taxes
Per 30 days bills
You would not have to attend till you report your taxes in 2022 to start out getting the CTC. You’ll be able to get part of your CTC cash in 2021 as advance per month bills. You’ll get the opposite part whilst you report your tax go back in 2022.
From July 2021 via December 2021, you’ll be able to get per month CTC bills as much as:
- $300 in keeping with kid underneath age 6
- $250 in keeping with kid ages 6 to 17
Eligible households obtain per month deposits or paper assessments at once from the IRS.
Use the CTC Replace Portal to:
- Test your eligibility for advance bills
- Get details about your per month cost quantities
- Decide-out of advance bills
Name the CTC Helpline at 800-908-4184 to speak to somebody who can resolution normal CTC questions.
California’s kid tax credit
State tax credit are to be had to operating Californians that experience youngsters. This contains undocumented employees.
California Earned Source of revenue Tax Credit score (CalEITC)
When you’re operating for an extremely low salary, you’ll be able to get a refund in keeping with how a lot you earned and what number of youngsters you will have. When you made $30,000 or much less in 2020, chances are you’ll qualify for the CalEITC.
The CalEITC is a tax credit score that may scale back the quantity of taxes you owe or building up your tax refund quantity. Getting CalEITC does now not save you you from qualifying for every other advantages.
Younger Kid Tax Credit score (YCTC)
It’s possible you’ll qualify for the Younger Kid Tax Credit score (YCTC) of as much as $1,000 should you:
- Certified for CalEITC, and
- Have a kid that used to be underneath age 6 on December 31, 2020
When you qualify, you should get a larger tax refund or a discounted tax invoice.
The way to get those tax credit
You will have to report your state tax go back to assert each the CalEITC and the YCTC. Report your taxes on-line at no cost. If you would not have a Social Safety Quantity, report your taxes with an Person Taxpayer Id Quantity (ITIN). To find out extra about ITINs and the way you’ll be able to get one.
California has methods to assist households pay for childcare. To find out should you qualify for assist paying for childcare. You’ll be able to additionally name 1-800-KIDS-793.
Monetary assist is to be had for COVID-19 connected funeral bills.
To use, name the COVID-19 funeral help helpline at 844-684-6333 (M-F, 6 am to six pm). You can’t observe on-line.
To find extra main points within the incessantly requested questions.